Skins :: A Teenage Enigma

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a non-canon roleplay based off of the UK-based TV show, Skins, set in Chicago.

2 posters

Wok and Roll (Avery)

Momoko Ishikawa
    Momoko Ishikawa

Wok and Roll (Avery) Empty Wok and Roll (Avery)

Post by Momoko Ishikawa Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:55 am

Wok and Roll (Avery) GlpiJ
    "It'll be $6.95, and a beer if you have one."

If there was one thing Momoko hated more than working as a delivery girl in the dinner rush hour, it was the fact that she worked for a Chinese restaurant. What did people do when they were too busy to cook? Order Chinese take-out. What was the go-to meal for anyone home alone or having a friend over? Chinese. What did you do when you didn't know what to eat? You called up to have Chinese delivered. It seemed like everyone and their dog ordered Chinese food that friday night, not to mention the crowded restaurant already she worked at.

The small, dingy place, a building that reminded her much of her her father's own place of business, was filled with people from around where she lived, and most of them she knew their orders by heart, as well as addresses. After all, she had been working at that restaurant for three years, and had an excellent memory to boot. The normal delivery girl was gone though, so tonight she took the old car from the back of the kitchen out probably once every hour or so to run meals out to people who were too lazy to cook their own damn meals. Even other asians were ordering out. What the hell was wrong with them?

The manager would let her ride her own bike to close deliveries, but for once that required her to venture through town or across different suburbs, the car was necessary for her to complete the delivery underneath the time limit. If she didn't, they would have to give the meal for free, and that would come out of her own pay. How was Mo gonna afford classes then? She had been a delivery girl a couple times before, so she generally knew where most main streets led in the bustling town of Chicago, but that didn't stop her heart from racing each time she got to a house right before the time limit was up. She wasn't the best of drivers, and some new dents (only she could tell you where they were) appeared as the night went on. It was her damn manager's fault, she warned him!

It wasn't two minutes after she walked back into the hot kitchen of the restaurant, Wok and Roll, before the manager gave her another delivery address and two bags of chinese food. Grumbling underneath her breath, she quickly turned in the money from the last order and walked back out to the old car. Because she had been called in to work, she wasn't dressed in the proper attire. If she had been working on her shift, a Wok and Roll shirt would be on, complete with a hat turned backwards and some jacket advertising something most people probably never heard of. Tonight however, she had been working on her homework and chilling at home, so in the matter of minutes Momoko had to get dressed, it turned out pretty well, actually. Considering the time constraints and all. Right now she was sporting a bright neon green shirt with something about being Japanese, some grey shorts and a bomber jacket. Her hair was actually as nice as she did it up that afternoon for a talent interview; it was wavy and framed her face. Upon her wrists were about a million different bracelets, as well as some on her right ankle right above her slip on shoes.

"Looks like this jerk lives in the uptown area. Who the hell orders Chinese from a rundown place in East Chicago when so many good places are in Downtown? Cheeze-its!" Momoko said in a huff as she drove to the address. Her last remark being a habit she picked up from her friend whom she was now living with, who had gone to some nerd-camp and brought back that saying with her. It was only a matter of time before Momoko started to say it too, instead of Jeeze or Jesus! That kind of bothered people some times.

It took her a bit longer than normal to reach the house of the jerk who had bad taste in Chinese food, because she had taken a wrong turn and ended up driving away from Uptown for a while before realizing her mistake. This was why she hated cars, they took away from her ability to sense things around her. Enclosed like this, it was hardly fair to people who were claustrophobic. Still, she managed to find the street, and was looking for the correct address when the car ended up curb-checking someone's front lawn. "Aww man! Wait, this is the address! Dammit."

The last thing Mo needed was to have some person chew her head off for maybe, slightly pulling the car into their... front lawn. At least I made sure that damned curb was still there. Mo thought grumpily to herself as she made sure the food survived the trip. It looked okay to her, so the nineteen-year-old climbed out of the driver's seat, grabbed the food, ticket, and her keys. It was a short walk to the front door, where she quickly rapped her knuckles about four times, impatiently tapping her foot while waiting. Excuse me, you're horrible food is here, and don't bother to look at the car halfway on your lawn, some stranger did that. Mo smiled to herself, for just a moment before it seemed her knocking was being answered.

"Look, I have your Wok and Roll food delivery. It'll be... wait lemme check," Mo pulled out the ticket from her hand and showed it to the person, almost having to reach up higher because of her short height. "It'll be $6.95, and a beer if you have one." Momoko exclaimed, nodding back at her horrible parking job and sighing. How long was this going to take?

Last edited by Momoko Ishikawa on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Avery Kessell
    Avery Kessell
    Admin
    Chief Instigator and Rabble-Rouser

Wok and Roll (Avery) Empty Re: Wok and Roll (Avery)

Post by Avery Kessell Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:33 am

The one time that his parents had finally let Avery have the house to himself for the first time in almost a year, they had neglected to tell him about the lack of decent food in the house. All he could find in the cabinets was a container of tofu and three cans of tuna, which not only were complete opposites of each other, were completely disgusting by themselves and probably together so he shoved them back in their respective cabinets and cursed his parents more than they deserved out of hunger.

Making matters worse, he had done himself over with pizza the few days prior and didn’t feel like ordering any. Luckily, his parents had put out the take-out menus for him along with about $200, as if that was supposed to let him know that there was no food in the house worth eating. Sighing, he had grabbed the top menu to some Chinese restaurant who knows where in the city and ordered him up some dinner and lunch for the next day.

Sitting around waiting for his food proved to be a test of his stomach and life-force, as he attempted to watch whatever horrible sitcoms came on at that time of day, but they were failing to capture enough of his attention as he waited for his food from wherever Wok and Roll was located in Chicago, and the address suggested probably the eastern side which made him groan and fall back in his chair.

A few minutes later the knock on the door forced him out of his state of hunger long enough to go and get his food. Grabbing a twenty dollar bill from the counter, he walked to the door a minute after the initial knock came.

Opening the door led Avery to a site that he wasn’t quite expecting since the girl wasn’t dressed as he expected, not in a usual delivery person outfit advertising the store. She seemed to be dressed in casual clothes, but her hair is actually what got him and made him smile as he looked at her carrying the food and fidgeting around for his ticket.

The way she ended her sentence made his night slightly more interesting, too, as he definitely had beer (hidden in the minifridge in his room, though. Parents not much of one for drinking themselves) , but he wouldn’t let her in on that without a little fun first, ”that’s not usually something that a delivery person accepts for a meal now, is it?” he questioned her as he handed her the twenty for the food, noticing her parking job at that time, ”nor do they park in their customers front yards badly.” He gave her a quick smile to let her know that he was only messing. ”I’m slightly considering the possibility that you are not a real delivery person and that if I eat this food I’m going to end up dead or brainwashed or something. With you being dressed like this, asking for my beer, and parking terribly. Odds are not in your favor, are they?”

”But you don’t look like you’re out to kill me, so tell you what, you come in and eat this nice food with me and I’ll give you the beer, and you can keep the change for the food. My parents are out of town and I’m not the type to enjoy being without human contact for too long.” He gave her a smirk and a slight wink.

”But get your car off my lawn first, my parents would appreciate it,” he said as he grabbed the bags of food and headed inside, leaving the door open for her if she decided to take up his offer.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm